Sacramento Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Representation Backed by Over Three Decades of Combined Experience
A bicycle accident can result in severe injury, especially if there was a vehicle involved. Bicyclists can come away from an accident with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and more. In the worst cases, a bicycle accident can end in wrongful death.
At Del Rio & Caraway, P.C. we understand the unique challenges that bicyclists face and the risks that they encounter out on the road. When accidents happen, it’s important to be sure that you have a dependable advocate on your side. Our Sacramento bicycle accident lawyer team is passionate about standing up for our clients.
Clients are the priority at Del Rio & Caraway, P.C. In fact, we make ourselves available to you 24/7. To learn more about your legal options, call us at (916) 229-6755 today!
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident with a Car
After a bicycle accident, there are certain things you can do to strengthen your case from the outset. First and foremost, get medical attention and move to a safe area where you aren’t at risk of being struck again by other vehicles. Once you are safe and stable, take note of what’s going on around you.
Follow these guidelines after a bicycle accident:
- Wait for the police to arrive and file a report
- Report your side of the story to the police, including any potential injuries
- Record the driver’s name, address, phone number, license number & insurance information
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses who may be present
- Write down what happened from your point of view (Include notes about weather, road, and traffic conditions)
- Document your injuries and get medical attention even for minor scrapes
- Preserve the evidence; leave everything exactly how it was after the accident
- Take photos of everything if at all possible
If you are too injured to collect information, consider asking a passerby to assist you. Any information recorded immediately after the accident has the potential to greatly strengthen your case.
Who is Responsible for My Bike Accident?
Bicycle accidents have a number of causes, but driver negligence is often the common denominator. Even though bicyclists have the same rights as vehicles, many drivers do not take the necessary precautions to prevent collisions with bicycles.
The most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Driver distraction - A driver who is not focused on the road is likely to hit a bicyclist or another motorist. Cell phone use, eating, and applying make-up are some of the top driver distractions.
- Drunk driving - Despite the prevalence of rideshare and awareness of the danger, drunk driving is still a leading cause of accidents in America. There is no excuse for a driver who operates their vehicle while intoxicated.
- Low-visibility - The majority of bike accidents occur between 6 PM and 9 PM when light is low. During this time, drivers should be extra observant of other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- Dangerous roads - Roads that are not properly maintained or were poorly constructed can cause bicycle accidents.
If negligence caused your bike crash, you deserve justice for your injuries. Get in touch with Sacramento bicycle accident lawyers who can provide qualified legal guidance as to your next steps. At Del Rio & Caraway, P.C., our team can provide you with personal legal representation backed by years of experience.
Contact us today at (916) 229-6755 to learn more about your options. We know you have a story—let us help you make it heard!
Aggressively Advocating On Your Behalf
We'll go toe-to-toe with insurance companies on your behalf to make sure you're getting a fair settlement and take care of all of the negotiations that follow.
Legal Services Tailored For You
Every case posses its own unique challenges, which is why we always adjust our approach based upon the specific circumstances surrounding your case.
No Fees Unless We Win
We're committed to getting you the best possible outcome regardless of the size or scope of your case and charge no up-front legal fees for our services.