Sacramento Hit & Run Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Hit & Run Accidents in the Greater Sacramento Area
If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident, you shouldn't have to worry about how you will pay for the expenses that you have incurred. At Del Rio & Caraway, P.C., our Sacramento hit-and-run accident attorneys are committed to helping you get the compensation you deserve.
We will work hard to ensure that the at-fault party is held accountable for the damages they caused, so you will not have to pay for any of your medical bills or other expenses associated with your accident. Our team will work to get you the compensation you need to make the best possible recovery from injury.
What is a Hit & Run Accident?
A hit and run is a type of car accident in which the at-fault driver flees the scene of the accident without providing any information about their identity or insurance information. The driver might have left their vehicle at the scene of the accident, but they did not wait for the police to arrive. They might have called the police from another location, or they might have called the police at all. In any case, the driver does not wait for the police to arrive before leaving the scene of the accident.
In most cases, the at-f fault driver is at fault for a hit and run. If a driver hits another vehicle and flees the scene, it is almost always because they were driving recklessly or negligently.
Common Reasons Why Hit & Runs Occur
There are many reasons why a driver might leave the scene of a hit-and-run accident, but the most common reason is that they were driving while intoxicated or otherwise illegally. If a driver hits another vehicle and then flees the scene, it is likely because they were driving while intoxicated and do not want to face the consequences of their actions, or negligently.
Other drivers might flee the scene because they do not have the insurance coverage required by the state of California. If a driver does not have insurance and they hit another vehicle, they might decide to flee the scene because they do not have the money to cover the expenses involved. They may also be driving without a license or because they are driving a vehicle that does not belong to them.
What Should I Do If I'm Involved in a Hit & Run Accident?
Here's a general guideline on what you should do if you are involved in a hit-and-run accident in Sacramento:
- Stay calm: It's natural to feel shocked or upset, but try to stay calm and composed. Take a few deep breaths to help yourself think clearly.
- Ensure your safety: Check yourself and any passengers for injuries. If anyone requires immediate medical attention, call emergency services right away.
- Note down details: Try to gather as much information as possible about the incident. Make a mental note or write down the license plate number, make and model of the other vehicle involved, and any identifying features. Also, note the time, date, and location of the accident.
- Contact the authorities: Report the hit-and-run accident to the police as soon as possible. Provide them with all the information you have, including the details of the other vehicle involved.
- Look for witnesses: If there were any witnesses present, ask for their contact information. They may have seen something important or have additional details that can help with the investigation.
- Document the scene: If it's safe to do so, take pictures of the accident scene. Capture any damage to your vehicle, the surrounding area, and any relevant details that might support your case later on.
- Inform your insurance company: Contact your insurance company and let them know about the accident. Provide them with the details of what happened and any information you have about the other vehicle involved.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don't have any immediate or visible injuries, it's a good idea to get checked by a healthcare professional. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and it's important to have a medical record in case any issues arise later.
- Cooperate with the authorities: If the police initiate an investigation, be cooperative and provide them with all the necessary information. Follow any instructions they give you and provide any requested documentation.
- Consult an attorney: If you sustained injuries or significant damage, it may be helpful to consult a personal injury lawyer. They can guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and help you seek compensation if necessary.
At Del Rio & Caraway, P.C., we are ready to help you obtain your entitled compensation. Whether you end up finding out who crashed into you or if you are experiencing difficulties with your insurer, our firm can protect your rights and best interests from start to finish.
Call our Sacramento hit-and-run accident attorneys at (916) 229-6755 to schedule a free consultation.
Aggressively Advocating On Your Behalf
We'll go toe-to-toe with insurance companies on your behalf to make sure you're getting a fair settlement and take care of all of the negotiations that follow.
Legal Services Tailored For You
Every case posses its own unique challenges, which is why we always adjust our approach based upon the specific circumstances surrounding your case.
No Fees Unless We Win
We're committed to getting you the best possible outcome regardless of the size or scope of your case and charge no up-front legal fees for our services.